Sunday, September 19, 2010

First trip to the Met, Part I

My friend and fellow SLC writer Caitlin Thomson is doing a project called "A Month at the Met." She is visiting and writing at the New York Metropolitan Museum of Art every day in September. Today she was kind enough to let me join her. I'd never been before, and I couldn't think of a better guide. I'm writing a piece for her blog, which I'll also post here (probably tomorrow), but for now I wanted to start showing off the photos I took. I will also post a second blog with more photos tomorrow. Security confiscated my tripod, but I still managed to get some decent shots of works inside. Be sure to check out Caitlin's blog: 
Augustus St. Gauden's Diana:




Caitlin doing her thing:
 



Details from John Trumbull's portrait of George Washington:

No comments:

Post a Comment